Setting up Amazon KindleGen
For converting ePubs to Amazons Kindle format, you need the KindleGen app provided by Amazon. Its license prohbits that i can bundle it with Moopato, so you have to download it yourself. Here are the steps for setting up the KindleGen integration in Moopato:
- Download KindlenGen app
- Unpack it somewhere on your local machine
- Open Moopato and go to the Preference Menu (File - Preferences).
- Click on the Select Button to open the file selection dialog and select the kindlegen executable. (kindlegen or kindlegen.exe)
- When it is correct, Valid will be displayed behind the selection button.
- Click Apply for saving the preferences and closing the dialog.
Now everytime you generate your eBook, it will also be automatically generated in Amazon Kindle mobi file format.